Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dining With Deana



Going to Deana's Restaurant is like going to a private dinner. In order to get served you must call in advance and make a reservation. That allows her time to catch the Conch and prepare the food, and restuarant, which is actually her house! This picture is her menu. If you have great eyes you can read that they serve sheep tongue! You know how I said I like to try new things, well, this is one I just couldn't talk myself to do.

When we arrived to Deana's (Deana is the lady in the middle of this picture) she had us sit at the bar where she made us drinks and we munched on her homemade Conch Fritters. I was hoping to try some Bahamian Rum, so she gave me a Bahamian Banana rum, and it was very tasty. And of course I had to try a Kalik, which is a Bahamian beer that is tasteful and strong. Next up, we enjoyed a salad with her own secret dressing on top. Afterward, we gathered around a table, one of the two that were in there, and ate a wonderful Conch meal! The Conch was fresh, and the best I had ever had! It's time to go pack up our things. It is time to head back to reality.

No comments: