Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Site Seeing








The first picture is the house where I stayed. The man who owns the house lives part time in Alaska, and part time there! He built this home with his own bare hands! It reminded my boyfriend of a big tree house. The way he designed it allowed the wind to blow throughout the house in order to keep it cool (even in the middle of June when we were there). Next picture is the bar. Yep, that shack has a pool table in it, too! Bars, restaurants, and other businesses are either based out of the owners homes, or looks like comparable homes in the area. Below the bar is a picture of one of the signs that are posted all around the island. I admired the fact that such a small community stays focused on keeping their community well maintained. Next up is the park/pavilion, where they host many parties and events. Next, is a picture of the liquor store! It was one of the places I had a chance to see a numerous of times, and it wasn't the liquor I was so enthusiastic to buy, it was the Bahamian money I was receiving after my purchase. Plus, I love to try things I can't always get in America. Lastly, this is the local "grocery store" and the gas station. This is where most of my money went, because while we were there we hunted our food and prepared it ourselves. Now that you have an idea of what the island structures look like on Mangrove Cay, let’s take a look at its beautiful blue waters. Put on your diving gear, or your mermaid flippers we're going under the sea!

No comments: